Poor people are least likely to have books in their homes. Thus perpetuating the legacy of poverty. Your book donations make a difference.
Throughout the year Velocity of Books provides thousands of books to community service organizations such as Catholic Charities Center in Silver Spring, MD. They, in turn, provide the books to people who come to their services:
- Case management, crisis intervention, and referral services
- Choice Food Pantry
- Mobile Market (produce distribution)
- Clothing, shoes, and diapers
- Parent Education and Empowerment Group (Abriendo Puertas)
- Financial Education classes
- Rent, Mortgage and Utility Assistance
- Financial assistance for single mothers with cancer
- Immigration Legal Services
- Services for pregnant women
More than 400 books were delivered on a single day.
Do you like this post?